IF EVER THERE WAS A CONVENTION FOR EVERYONE…THIS IS IT!
Grand Rapids is AFFORDABLE, family friendly and safe–It won’t break the bank because it’s reasonably priced and there’s so much to do here.
Grand Rapids is ACCESSIBLE and convenient–—many of you can get here on a tank of gas, a quick train ride, or on one of 120+ direct flights. It’s uncongested and easy to get around.
Grand Rapids is ALL-INCLUSIVE—when you step outside your 4 star, 4 diamond hotel room, you are within walking distance of 100 cafes, restaurants, and pubs…shops, museums, and markets. You can take a quick jaunt to the sandy beaches where you are in the cleanest, clearest, freshest water of pure Lake Michigan.
You’ll Love It Here! What’s not to love?
- Come and be a part of the celebration of 40 years of the Antiochian Village, 45 years of NAB Women, and 50 years of NAC SOYO…
- Attend the most thought-provoking and challenging workshops…
- Witness the exciting competition of the Bible Bowl and Oratorical Festival…
- Be entertained by the best musical talent in the Archdiocese…
- Participate in the most fun family night, hafli, and dinner dance…
- Worship together the way we are meant to do…
- AC2019 is the PLACE TO BE…We’re waiting for you…
HERE’S HOW TO REGISTER
(Developers recommend Firefox or Google Chrome)
- Click on “Event Registration” (but read the instructions below first…)
- Go to top right to “Create an Account” with your name, email, password, etc. & click “Create My Account”
- Once your account is created, click on “My Account” & enter diocese, parish, address, phone, then SAVE
- Go to top left & select “Event Registration” to purchase your Event Package & buy other events, i.e. St. Ignatius Dinner, Antiochian Women Brunch, tours, kids’ program & click “Register” & the “Add Registration” box pops up to fill in your info, then add to cart ($20 Archdiocese registration fee is automatically charged)
- Go to top left menu bar to purchase Sponsorships, Journal Ads, etc. & add to cart
- Once you select all items desired, click “Check Out” on top right of page, provide payment information, then click “Pay Now.”
The Event Package is your entry into five of the most exciting and memorable events of AC2019. Here’s what awaits you:
Wednesday—Teen Dance & 50th Anniversary of NAC TEEN SOYO (Teens Only)…in the oldest grandest Ballroom in Grand Rapids, the Amway’s Pantlind Ballroom. Get ready to party down and celebrate generations of Antiochian Orthodox Youth.
Thursday—Riverwalk Party…on the banks overlooking the Grand River, a festival for the whole family. Gather for an evening of fun, frolic, and food. It’s an indoor/outdoor party at DeVos Convention Center with Sliders and Street Tacos, Ice Cream Cart, and Beer Kegs. There will be a Stilt Walker, Juggler, Balloon Artist, and Caricaturist. Best of all, watch the rite of passage from day to night as the sun sets over the river that flows through downtown Grand Rapids.
Friday—Musical Producation and ‘YALLA…LET’S DANCE’ Hafli…what a jam-packed evening of great entertainment. It starts with the Musical Production ‘From Broadway to Grand Rapids’ with a stop-over in Bolivar, PA, to salute 40 years of Antiochian Village Campers. Some of the best talent in our Archdiocese will grace the stage in song and dance at the Amway’s Ambassador Ballroom. But the dancing doesn’t stop there. Right after the show, we will ‘Yalla” over to the Hafli at the DeVos Convention Center where we get to kick up our heels in Dabke Style. A Moroccan theme with a Mazza plate, there will be a Live Band with Arabic Music, Belly Dancer, and Henna & Photo Booths.
Saturday—’LIGHT THE NIGHT’ GALA!…Dine and Dance the night away at the Amway’s Ambassador Ballroom as we share our Love and FAITH together. Enjoy the Sights, Sounds, and Sentiments of an era we remember, dedicated to the 40th Anniversary of the Antiochian Village. Campers from all the generations will pay tribute in a video presentation and in a moving ‘Light the Night’ ceremony.